Chook Industries Main About Us News Projects cave of trouble
Chook Menu

The Employee BBS is a database compiling all of the Chook Industries BBS posts. It includes all past and present memos. Newest postings are listed first.

Go to [Next 15] [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] [Previous 15]
  • Since Whose Line is it Anyway was so successful for last week's Friday BBQ, another Friday BBQ will be held this week. And yes there will be another Whose Line is it Anyway game! So be sure to contact Pam Ellis if you are interested in participating. For those who don't think they are up to improv comedy, this week's new addition to the BBQ festivities will be a Look Alike pageant held at the end. So be sure to come in full dress!

• Please don't forget to submit your time sheets Wednesday.

• Last week the Gauntlet Machine was reported stolen when it was not stolen at all, but only broken and thought to be stolen. The complaint was wrongly transcribed, and then accidentally sent to Upper Management rather than the actual complaint which was posted on bulletin board. As part of the Checks and Balance guidelines, normally this process is supposed to work the other way around with the transcribed complaint posted and the official complaint sent to Upper Management. The particular point of confusion revolved around parts possibly being stolen which got communicated as the entire machine in the transcription. In the end no parts of the machine were actually stolen at all. The actual vandalism consisted of the screen being smashed in and an attempt to break into the part of the machine which stores the change. To add to the further confusion, Maintenance had the machine sent off to be repaired the day this happened. This meant when Upper Management did investigate, the machine was not there seeming to verify that it had been stolen. The machine is now back, and repaired with money from the Vocational Mechanics and Technology Fee budget for next quarter (unfortunately this means the Vocational Mechanics and Technology Fee will not get allotted as much money during the next budget to compensate). Ultimately, the fault seems to lie with the Checks and Balances systems which is currently being reevaluated.

• Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 13:47:29 -0500
    To: Chook Industries BBS Task Force
    Subject: Whose Line is it Anyway

We should do Whose Line is it Anyway more often!  Everybody was so
    funny, especially when Brian had to cook!  I don't think I've ever
    laughed so hard  :)

Alice

• If you would like to participate in the Whose Line Is It Anyway game for the Friday BBQ today, please see Pam Ellis as soon as possible.

• Our web provider had a massive server failure on Tuesday. To further complicate matters, backup data was corrupted, forcing Chook Industries support staff to resort to local backups. However, all should be fixed now.

• Thanks to an anonymous phone call, the identity of the Honey Bun Bandit has been discovered and the employee behind it has been suspended. The matter of getting the Gauntlet machine back is currently being resolved and should be done so by the end of the week. It is a shame that a few must blight company sovereignty by donning the colors of traitorhood.

• The laundry machines are not there for employees to do their personal laundry in. Please don't let it happen again.

• A note has been left where the Gauntlet machine was reading "We all get ours in the end. Sincerely, The Honey Bun Bandit." If you have knowledge of the origins of this note, please pass that information to Upper Management.

• The Gauntlet Machine has been stolen. If you know anything about this, please contact Upper Management as soon as possible.

• Larry Snow has returned from his trip to the Outer Banks today.

• Would all EMTs please create a daily on-duty roster among themselves so as to prevent the similar instances of confusion that occurred Friday.

• -----Original Message-----

Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 11:49:37 -0500
    To: Chook Industries BBS Task Force 
    Subject: Garjoe on Friday

It is Friday, and I'd thought I'd write the Employee BBS just because
    I'm in such a good mood.  Happy happy joy joy!  Hehehe, sorry I couldn't
    help that.  I had wanted to ask again when the Garjoe Theme is coming
    down?  Because I'm actually beginning to like it.  Fridays wouldn't be
    the same if it wasn't up.  :P

Alice

• A sign up sheet for the bus trip to Mexico has been posted on the bulletin board adjacent to the Chainmail Express. If you have questions, contact Will Jaffe.

• Unfortunately a component has failed in the lift drive mechanism. We are committed to replacing the component as soon as its replacement is received. Unfortunately this will not be until Thursday 7 March 2002. Therefore the lift will not be ready to be returned to service until the morning of Friday 8 March 2002. We apologize for the inconvenience that this will cause.

[Contact - cliffwoodman@chook.net] [Copyright]