Chook Industries Main About Us News Projects cave of trouble
Chook Menu

The Employee BBS is a database compiling all of the Chook Industries BBS posts. It includes all past and present memos. Newest postings are listed first.

Go to [Next 15] [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] [Previous 15]
  • Message from Larry Snow:

TO ALL EMPLOYEES: DO NOT EVER MENTION THE NAME JIM DAVIS AGAIN. IF YOU DO OR ARE CAUGHT READING GARFIELD COMICS YOU WILL BE FIRED PROMPTLY. RECENTLY I READ JIM'S COMMENTS ON THE HALLOWEEN PARTY WHERE JIM RAISES THE POSSIBILITY OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT ON PROPERTY THAT IS JIM DAVIS'S. I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS PROPERTY. CLEAR MY NAME AND FOREVER CLEAR CHOOKS NAME. GOD BLESS AMERICA.

• In employee interest, all email sent to the recently dissolved Chook Industries Human Interest Board (CIHIB) will be printed out by the Chainmail Express and posted on the large bulletin board outside the mailroom.

• All employees are urged to attend this Thursday's employee training seminar, "Food Safety in the Workplace", with speaker Melinda Boyd. The class will be held in the employee lounge, and begins at 6:30 p.m. Dinner will be served. See Pam Ellis in HR for details.

• There have been some questions from staff concerning the last Employee BBS update. To clarify, the Tech Center and the Chook Industries Network Administration (CINA) are separate offices. Please do NOT contact the Chook Industries Network Administration (CINA) in this matter.

• If you've been mistakenly receiving other employees' email, please contact the Tech Center and report the problem ASAP. (x34852) Servers are still experience the residual effects of the infected "I love plumpers" mail circulated a while back.

• Thanks to the email sent to upper management last week, the investigation into the reallocation of the Book of Month has been officially concluded. The money was moved into the newly created Vocational Mechanics and Technology Fee and used to purchase a game by four individuals referring to themselves as the Clown Squad. Two of the members of the Clown Squad, who work for Chook Industries, have voluntarily resigned their positions. The other member's of the Clown Squad work for Beagles Unlimited, and since Beagles unlimited is a separate cooperate sector, Chook Industries has asked Beagles Unlimited to handle the matter appropriately.

• The Clown Squad would like to announce that Gauntlet has arrived in the staff lounge! Please remember to book your session before playing.

* Note: Because of availability, Gauntlet was chosen over the Simpsons video game. The Clown Squad apologizes to those who had hoped for the Simpsons.

• Congratulations are in order! This month's four-star employee is Ed Levine. As sales and marketing manager, he has worked diligently to further Chook Industries' gold standard of success. Along with priority parking privileges, Ed will be the first recipient of our new incentive, the Chook fleece pullover. Be sure to congratulate Ed on a job well done!

* Note: The monthly four-star employee is a different from the anual star employee of the year awarded by Larry Snow.

• Upper management has requested the following complaint be posted on the Employee BBS. The complainer asked that his name be withheld.

-----Original Message----- 

Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 10:27:50 -0500
    To: Chook Industries BBS Task Force 
    Subject: Fwd: Dream Token Jar

> From: Confidential 
    > To: Jim Shooter 
    > Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 8:25:54 -0500
    > Subject: Dream Token Jar
    >
    > I don't know how the Clown Squad was able to purchase that arcade
    > machine with the money in the Dream Token Jar when at most it had a
    > handful of pennies and nickels in it.  I'd be surprised if they could
    > eat a Baskin Robbins for that.  I don't mean to rat, but everybody
    > knows that Clown Squad are a bunch of thieves.  I never proved they 
    > stole from me, but I know that they have.  I ask that upper management 
    > looks into this matter and takes appropriate action.

• Lot B will be closed for re-paving on the 17th of this month. Staff is reminded to park in either of the adjoining lots, or across the street. Please be patient with us as we make Chook Industries a more beautiful place to spend the workday!

• The Clown Squad would like to announce that the Dream Token Jar is has been filled! The Clown Squad would like to thank everybody for donating the Dream Token Jar and hopes that they have fun playing.

• This is a reminder to all employees to change their network passwords in the near future for security reasons. Letters have gone out via the Chaimail Express instructing how to do so. PLEASE do not use old passwords. If you have questions contact the Chook Industries Network Adminstration (CINA).

• Message from Jim Shooter

I'd like to thank everybody for attending the Halloween Party. I had expected perhaps there would be more employees there; but nonetheless I think it is safe to say that it went very well. I think the Garfield theme was a great solution to the problem and was great fun too. Although, Jim Davis might have something to say copyright wise (LOL). But Halloween is a time to let it all go, and I think that even Jim would give Chook the thumbs up on our party theme. After all, we did purchase a load of Jim Davis licensed Party Favors from Hallmark. I look forward next year's Halloween party. In closing, I hope the same team spirit that was shown at the party carries over into the work place and we can work enthusiastically until the holidays.

• In light of the "Ebola" pranks of last spring, and the continued misuse of the break room facilities, management sees no alternative to placing surveillance cameras in all break rooms in every Chook owned facility. In related news, Management is putting out an R.F.P. on a closed-circuit surveillance system, specked and installed. We are looking for a turnkey operation, to be handled by one vendor from the ground up. Management encourages any employee with a working, competent knowledge of video systems installation and maintenance, to contact Jim Shooter and place a bid. *Keeping business within the family is in Chook Industries' best interest, and in the best interest of our employees.

*(Keeping business within the family is a statement meant to instill a sense of camaraderie within the company, and is in no way meant to imply a policy of nepotism within Chook Industries.)

• It's time once again to renew those parking permits. Please see Pam Ellis in Human Resources to get yours. Remember- first come, first served!

[Contact - cliffwoodman@chook.net] [Copyright]